Steps To Becoming A Grill Master
You can become an Grill Master when it comes to grilling with just a little know how and in no time at all you’ll be cooking the best steaks and chops around.
The first step in becoming a Grill Master is getting the right tools for the job. Even if you’ve got only $100 to spend, there’s no reason why you can’t get started right away. Here are some great tools that will help you master grilling:
– A good set of tongs (about 12 inches long). Don’t let anyone kid you into thinking that they’re too short or won’t do the job; tongs don’t have to be fancy, just functional plus they come in different colors and sizes so choose one that suits your needs.
– A pair of long handled forks for turning steaks and other meats. Grill masters just cannot do without these!
– An instant read meat thermometer so you don’t overcook expensive cuts of steak, chicken breast or whatever it is that you’re cooking.
You also need a good grill brush to keep your grill clean and working like new year after year. Nothing beats the flavor of food cooked over hot charcoals; nevertheless if the coals are covered with bits of old food, not much will happen for you in terms of flavor production. So keeping your grill clean is vital to grilling success (and believe me it’s easy to do). Just scrape down your grill before putting anything on it then you’ll only have to scrape it again after your food is cooked. If you really want to get serious about clean grills, take a look at the Grill Wizard, the grill brush that does it all!
The next step in becoming a Grill Master is getting yourself some recipes for success. There are literally thousands of them out there, so go ahead and find one that appeals to you. Nothing could be simpler than cooking on a charcoal or gas grill because unlike ovens they don’t dry out the meat so forget about where to use these appliances; just use them anywhere. Here are two very different but equally successful methods:
– A simple coffee bath: fill up a large bowl with cold coffee and your favorite cut of steak marinate it in the fridge overnight, remove from the bowl and place on a hot pre-heated grill. Sear both sides of the steak then cook over indirect heat until done to your liking.
– Grill up some chops basted with Italian dressing. In a large bowl add 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup vinegar or lemon juice, 1 can condensed beef broth (undiluted), 3 tablespoons granulated garlic, 2 teaspoons salt and mix well then pour over chops in a shallow dish. Let marinate covered at least 4 hours turning occasionally before grilling for about 10 minutes on each side over high heat while basting often with sauce remaining in the bowl. Serve hot!
The third step is keeping your cool when it comes to grilling. Even though you’re busy manning the grill it doesn’t mean you can’t talk to your guests or even help them with what tangy sauces they should use with their grilled meats. Just try not to let things get out of hand because if that happens, no matter how good everything turns out it could all go down the drain real fast so stay focused and don’t overcook anything! And speaking of food going down the drain; well that’s exactly where burnt or charred bits of meat end up, so keep an eye on things; give them a stir now and then but never leave them unattended for too long.
And last but not least (and quite obviously); after cooking your steaks, chicken or whatever it is that you prepared, don’t forget to clean your grill. Give it a good brushing with the Grill Wizard then pour water over the coals and scrub until there’s nothing left but fresh clean coals ready for another meal!
So there you have it; all the tools are in place now go out there and start cooking. Master grilling techniques by using these simple steps and before long you’ll be an expert when it comes to smoking meat on your grill. via the mixed grill
Thank you read on Grill Master post